As the end of the year approaches I start thinking about the next year and ALL the resolutions that I can make. The past couple of years I haven’t made any resolutions because I honestly did not want to break them all by the end of the month. This year I have a better mindset of what I want goals I want to set. They have to be reachable because if the goals become too complicated, then I will forget about them.
I have decided to put them on my blog as a reminder to myself. In a month or even next year if I achieve even one of my resolutions, I will be happy with myself. That is what the resolutions have to be. Progress. Growth. Something that has changed you even a little bit for the better.
Here are my resolutions:
1. Spend more intentional/relationship time with Jesus. Being a christian isn’t a religion, it is a relationship with Jesus. I want Him to become my close friend, rather than someone I run to when I become overwhelmed.
2. Have a regular exercise routine. (Isn’t this on everyone’s new years resolutions?) I want to workout at least three times a week. I signed up for a 10k run at the end of May so this resolution will be important for me to do well in my run.
3. Spend my time wisely A.K.A not procrastinating. I am starting school again this next month so I need to make sure that I have all my assignments and readings done. Procrastination for me is a BIG one. I know when I procrastinate and even though it bothers me, I continue to do it. I put too many items on my plate and when it gets too full I ignore it instead of taking some items off.
4. Make my bed everyday! Sometimes the simplest ones are the hardest!
5. Cook more meals at home. Practice cooking with some new recipes and find some healthy staple recipes to cook with. This is a difficult one because I usually cook for myself and have a lot of leftovers. I want to enjoy cooking more instead of it being such a chore for me.
6. Set a Budget. This will be the first time that I will be going to school and not living at home so there are a lot more expenses this next year. When I make money I tend to spend it pretty quick instead of putting it away. I want to be able to still make money while I am at school. That can work, right?
There we have it! Five attainable resolutions that I will work towards in the new year! What are some of your new years resolutions? Or do you skip the resolutions? Happy 2015!